Friday, March 16, 2012

Sleeping like a Princess

I guess you could say I like anime. I do prefer comics and manga though but some anime series I have watched through like three times. I just really like them. They are usually one season series or half season series where the story starts and finishes with in the run. One anime of two animes (I'll cover the second one in a later entry) that left a bit of an impact on me was Mawaru Penguindrum. If you haven't heard of the series, it's a unique little story about battling the ideas of fate and challenging destiny. A hard story to explain, the most I can saw is it's full of symbolism and has penguins. The director and co-writer is none other than Kunihiko Ikuhara and if you are familiar with his work (*cough*UTENA*cough* ) then you kinda have an idea of what to expect.

So besides the story having an effect on me, the other thing that made an impact on me was the design of  Himari's bed (pictured above). Now I am a person who enjoys her sleep when she can get it. I love a nice comfy bed or couch and Himari's bed is one of the comfiest looking things I have ever seen drawn. I would love to recreate her bed and sleep in it every night. My boyfriend would probably not freak, but at least it would be comfy. At very least I would like to make a day-bed that looks similar. All the pillows and the duvet etc. maybe even the canopy. Of course it isn't something I can get in a day but in time, I will have my comfy, comfy bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sleepkiks! I was doing a blog award thing and I decided to pass it on to you! See this post for details: http://www.mikazo.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete